breaking the silence

By way of a foray... am I just hallucinating, or have there been
no postings for four days? Four days is a long time, but then it
was Easter, or maybe everyone was just away skiing. It is eerie...
I did manage to steal glimpses of Michael Current in fine form
on another forum, a new and terribly busy forum (where they seem
to discuss nothing but Schindler's List), and it made me wonder,
"so what's happened to *deleuze*?", and still no news from
*Deleuze*. So here I am, breaking the ice, tentatively, although
with no particular stance in mind, no particular thought, only
the gesture of solidarity (and in the meantime, two new posts
form the burgeoning Philosophy and Literature people, who have
the nerve some of them to be Deleuzians, and to be trying to
sell the concept of rhizomatics to others, shameless proselyty-
zing, while here at Station Rhizome, ZILCH. Ach.) but a gesture
of betrayal as well. That's what I like about desire, it is
so wonderfully empty, narcissistic, or is it?
I did also want to thank Mary McLean for reviewing her book
The Name of the Mother: Writing Illegitimacy for us, and to say
that I hope word has gotten around about it. I've forwarded
your post to a few others.
Any ideas about why it's so quiet around here? And what would
explain how repression functions. Why repression rather than
expression. 'Press' is a root with such multiple prefixes.
There it is in repression, oppression, impression, expression.
Press F5 and presto. See you.

Karen Ocana bjfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx