Re: miscellaneous

Ms J E Broadhurst writes:

> Finally, another call for help. In CINEMA II, Deleuze makes mention of a book by Changeux entitled "L'Homme Neuronal." It does not seem to have been translated over here (England) but our BOOKBANK system is pretty parochial. Has anyone ever followed up th> is book. Has it ever been translated? Is it available anywhere and is it any good?

(This reference is at note 32 on page 318 of _Cinema 2_, BTW)

Joan,

Although I know nothing about it, this book has indeed been translated
into English.

The full French cite:

Changeaux, Jean-Pierre. _L'Homme neuronal_. Paris: Fayard, 1983.

The full English cite:

_____. _Neuronal Man: The Biology of Mind. Trans. Laurence Garey. New
York: Pantheon, 1985.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll try to get my hands on it eventually.
Hope you can find it, too.

Best,

Michael

--