re: OEOE

Ken (and everyone else).
No. OEOE was not the sound Gilles Deleuze & Felix Guattari let out when the
steam roller gave them a thousand flat toes. It is supposed to be an "A" plus
the elision of OandE, (the option shift Q character-"OE" on my mac) This is
my *fancy* abreviation for the Anti-Oedipus, I'll refrain from being fancy
and just type "O" in the future. I still don't know if this was a
communication problem, a conversion problem with the Mac character set to
some other (ASCII?), or god's revenge on me for killing him.
kindly excuse.

>A joint re-reading of V/B and D/G is a possible future project, certainly
>very future and barely possible, but I thought I'd ask you while the post
>was still relatively fresh.
I'd love to work out this relation between D/G B/V (wasn't that a club in the
greenwich village?). There is a Bakhtin list which I've been subscribed to
since last week, and I still haven't recieved any posts- logistically this
may mean we would get a quiter field and also give a boost to that dead list
if we worked it out there.
Are you really concerned about not having time now etc? Let me know when and
if you want to follow through.

I also found the term "semiotic pragmatics" interesting. Is it your term or
Bakhtin's. I've only read the *Marxism and the Philosophy of Language* (MPL),
*Rabelais*, and am begining on *toward a philosophy of the act*. Does it come
up in the *Dialogic Imagination* or one of the other collections of essays?

p.s. By the way, *toward a philosophy of the act* is requiring me to go back
and deal with Kant again before I can get any leverage on the text (as are
several of my other interests, including a paper on pornography and the
public sphere, which deals with Lynn Neads *Female Nude*, Habermas, Lacan's
*Kant avec Sade* all stressing my knowledge of Kant well beyond an
undergraduate section on *Ethics* (of which I remember the line "as an ends
and not a means" and damn little else) and some readings on bourgeois taste
in *the Critique of Judgement*. Reading Kant has become important as well to
my further investigations of Marx (esp. the *Grundrisse*) and Nietzsche. Any
interest in dealing with this might be helpful.
I'm not sure if I signed onto the Kant list or not... I think I was worried
about getting bombed with mail, but Deleuze is the only thing happening
besides a trickle in from the Foucault list. Is anyone else signed onto a lot
of other lists that seem completely quiet? (Benjamin, Kristeva, Bakhtin,
Lacan, Nietzsche, Merleau-Ponty?)

By the way, isn't someone supposed to be leading a reading of AO?