Re: "speaking as if castration doesn't exist!"

hiya Ruth,

>yes-yes where's the play-its a bit difficult to express(!) especially as i
>have a slight political conflict going on within my (selves) about it. on
>the one hand, i find readings of D that don't deal with the issue of
>maternal disavowal impoverished-what i would want to assert-not as
>universal
>truth but as fairly widespread sedimentation of a habitual false probelm is
>that oedipal machines do fabricate psychic interiorities which b) are
>predicated on verticality b)render a kind of maternal imperceptible,
>fragmented scattered and so on. hence the startegic importance of
>becoming-woman- so far -so ordinary-i think breaking through these kinds of
>local habit structure does, initially, entail the kinds of encounter you
>describe in so far as a retrograde regressive kind of mnemomnic mapping
>needs to be opened out for most of already triangulated-i don't think it is
>feasible-or at least i find it politically stupid- to suggest this kind of
>operation without consideration of the kinds of maternal disavowals which
>bind the machine. i.e there is nothing more aggravating than 'profound
>commentary ' on becoming-minor, molecular et al which is not willing to
>first engage with the discomfort of becoming-woman ( as difficult for women
>as men i would stress) it would be wrong to assume that everyone has been
>triangulated, yet it is also foolish not to account startegically for a
>majoritarian praxis most often named 'daddy'.

I think this is what i've been saying, the importance of becoming-woman
first, before even trying to talk 'profoundly' about all the other
becomings...or else, yes, very aggravating and noisy!

the biggest problem i find in the infant-mother thing is D's jeckell and
hyde as parnet says, the break between LoS and AO, D's psychoanalytic
commentary, you know? in AO the pre-oedipal stuff is all about machines and
such, rather simplistic compared to in LoS with the details about
destructive drives and all that. a preliminary difficulty would be working
out this gap before getting into becoming-W convos.

but i think, for one thing, becoming-W is a very common becoming (love);
even the most phallic love has a becoming-woman 'beneath' the molarity.

also important, the faciality of the whole thing, D&G say that the mirror
stage should be read while keeping the faciality machine in mind. the gaze
as a partial object transformed into...what?

that's all i have to say for now

:) bobo