Re: BwO

hi paul
try either the Les Tarahumaras or Vie et Mort de Satan le feu.
the ref is in Artaud Anthology but now that i'm looking i can't find it.
actually, while on the subject, there are many refs in A for material
bodies with organs ( cemented by cruelty) e.g 'i call organic culture, a
culture basedon the mind in relationshipto the organs, and the mind bathing
in all the organs, and responding to each of them at the same time' The
Theatre and is Double pg67

this is a great one:
And the tiniesr rootlets peopled the wind like a network of veinns, their
intersections glowing. Space was measureable, rasping, but without
penetrable form. And at the center of it was a mosaic of explosions, a kind
of merciless cosmic hammer of distorted heaviness, which fell again and agin
into the space like a forehead, but with a noise as if distilled. And the
muffled enveloping of teh noise had the dull urgency and penetration of a
living look

little by little the mass turned into a slimy powerful nausea, a kind of
immense flux of vegetal thundering blood. And the liitle roots trembling at
the edge of my mental eye detached themselves with dizzying speed from the
mass shriveled by the wind ( Artaud Anthology 27)

lots of A's stuff is a mix of kabbala, chinese and mexican religion. in the
light of your enquiry, you might be interested that artaud takes confession
and repudiates most of his earlier writings in sept43 and then rejects 'the
horiible bewitchment which made me forget my own nature and made me swallow
a frightening number of hosts' in 45! ( letter to Rodez 45)

have fun with it
Ruth.C
>>> Paul Bains <P.Bains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/27 1:18 pm >>>

Hi Judith,

I can't elaborate much - the library's closed and that's where the bk is.
But there isn't much to add really.
Upon resurrection your soul takes on the body you had in life but it will
be a 'body without organs' - this is the phrase used in Claude
Tresmontant's study of St.Paul (he also wrote a classic account of
judeo-christian metaphysics).
God, give me a BwO.......

It just struck me as remarkable that this is a technical term in
Christianity. A kind of 'dematerialized' body I suppose.