Re: 2 questions

No, I don't know the new rush of French texts on Deleuze (do you)? Or
anyone else on the list. Charlie recently sent a list of many of them.
Daniel Smith's thesis may be available from UMI dissertation info service
(univ microfilms international), Ann Arbor, Michigan, 800-521-0600.
There is a dissertation search tool on the database 'First Search' for US
theses. Your library may be able to get it for you for a charge.
Dan Smith was till recently (and may still be) a postdoc fellow at the
Univ. of New South Wales, Sydney. I don't think his bk (the product of his
fellowship) is yet published. His email (which I've lost) is probably out
there somewhere with some focused searching. If you find it let me know
please.
I look forward to his bk, he's an insightful and clear writer.
Amused to learn that the frog Jospin's wife (I'm bad with name's) has a
child grace a Derrida - it's a hard world.