Re: do we need to speak clearly?

Chris wrote:

>>one of the first things that sprang to mind was "beware of greeks
>>bearing gifts"!!

>Absolutely! And what was I trying to sneak past you in my last post. Perhaps this: the notion of the
>whisper, the margins, the between the lines, while it can be sound re: the
>fact that exchange partakes of the logic of practice rather than the logic of logic does
>little to break signs free of the determining power of codes. The whisper, the strategy, is
>already coded......

>>which seemed quite funny and then perhaps not without
>>resonance... what's hidden in the gift of language? what's waiting
>>inside?

>This "gift of language" reminds me of Lacan's observations - what the child receives by
>entering into the "symbolic order" (i.e. the regime of coded exchange, even if it is not
>ruled over by the *Transcendental Signifier*[i.e. the signifier of signification or the
>"Phallus"]) is power. Power to make specific demands. But what is the cost of such
>power?, such freedom? Only a little freedom, only a little desire, a scrap, a residue, a
>modicum of ego. What is lost in submitting to Oedipus? Only an unrealistic wish, the
>Pleasure Principle? It will submit.

thanks for your last post. still trying to figure it all out!

i think your move to lacan's work is interesting here... perhaps what's
inside is "insideness" itself i.e. interiority?

also -"it" never submits! - something else moves in and takes over...

more will follow!

dan h.
--
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/chupacabras/48/
http://www.tw2.com/staff/daniel/

Ware ware Karate-do o shugyo surumonowa,
Tsuneni bushido seishin o wasurezu,
Wa to nin o motte nashi,
Soshite tsutomereba kanarazu tasu.

We who study Karate-do,
Should never forget the spirit of the samurai,
With peace, perseverance and hard work,
We will reach our goal without failure.