Re: BwO

In a message dated 11/21/1998 4:01:27 AM EST, egordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Thanks for this beautiful description of the BwO. I do still feel a little
confused, however. I guess my question is that if the BwO is constructed,
and if
it can be blotched - which I understand to be something that happens in the
constructing process (?) - then o.k. I see how there is an 'ideal' successful
constructing/attainment of the bwo, but isn't the 'ideal' located in the
desire/or
better still in the becoming? I would have thought of the ideal more along
the
lines of an ideal state/or an ideal desired state that is perhaps
found/discovered/created in the construction of a positive BwO, rather than
view
the BwO 'itself' (which of course it isn't a self) as an ideal 'type' ????
does
this make sense?

Could you perhaps explain what you mean by "a botched construction of the body
without organs" and maybe refer to the place in which you're getting this
idea? I also thought it might be helpful if you described the context of your
paper in which your professor made this remark. It could be that your
professor thought you were reifying the concept of BwO too much, treating it
as a "thing" or object, and was simply pointing out that the BwO is virtual or
something like that. In this sense, ideal would be more akin to being
abstract or conceptual, rather than being ideal in the kantian or platonic
sense.