Re: BwO

--------------78B920EABD8324236B33AD04

nathan wrote:

> the body without organs ... not a type but an event.

Thanks for the responses to my questions. Yes, this is how I was viewing the
BwO - in terms of an event. My paper (honours) was an attempt to read textual
characters in terms of the refrain, and in my section on the BwO I was playing
with the idea that the difference between the territorial refrains (natal;
milieu and cultural) and the deterritorializing cosmic refrain might be
explained in terms of the BwO. I'm not sure whether I got it 'right' - for me
it was an experiment. . What I found in doing this is that I had first to
explore the events of the characters in terms of the blotched BwO (the
unsuccessful attainment(s) ) , which I (at least in part) related to the
mode/operation/?? of their specific refrains - in the sense that the elements
of the refrain contained the paranoiac points and blockages (transcendental
signifiers) that blotched the attainment of the BwO. The other idea I played
with was the notion of the despot blotching the BwO in the construction of the
'other' - I was thinking here in terms of the creating of a BwO is not
necessarily an 'individualist' event (not just making your 'self' a bwo), but
related to the assemblage (and I did view this in terms of the assemblage of
organs in the body as well as the assemblage of relations between characters
and events etc... ).

So I was playing around with several concepts, and while I would have
appreciated some constructive criticism, what I got told was that I completely
didn't 'get' it; that I'm over-ambitious; and then a not so subtle suggestion
that I should reconsider my plans to continue with D&G in post-grad studies.
??? As I say, I'm not so sure I fully understand everything, but I'm certainly
managing to create something of an understanding???. What I love about D&G is
that there seems to be that positive creative/experimental ethic (you have to
start somewhere).
Anyway, thankyou for the constructive discourse on the list; all constructive
criticism and encouragment is most sincerely appreciated.

Chris G.

--------------78B920EABD8324236B33AD04

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>nathan wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;

<P>the body without organs ... not a type but an event.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://coral.bucknell.edu/~strait/";></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for the responses to my questions.&nbsp; Yes, this is how I was
viewing the BwO - in terms of an event.&nbsp; My paper (honours) was an
attempt to read textual characters in terms of the refrain, and in my section
on the BwO I was playing with the idea that the difference between the
territorial refrains (natal; milieu and cultural) and the deterritorializing
cosmic refrain might be explained in terms of the BwO.&nbsp; I'm not sure
whether I got it 'right' -&nbsp; for me it was an experiment. .&nbsp; What
I found in doing this is that I had first to explore the events of the
characters in terms of the blotched BwO (the unsuccessful attainment(s)
) , which I (at least in part) related to the mode/operation/?? of their
specific refrains - in the sense that the elements of the refrain contained
the paranoiac points and blockages (transcendental signifiers) that blotched
the attainment of the BwO.&nbsp; The other idea I played with was the notion
of the despot blotching the BwO in the construction of the 'other' - I
was thinking here in terms of the creating of a BwO&nbsp; is not necessarily
an 'individualist' event (not just making your 'self' a bwo), but related
to the assemblage (and I did view this in terms of the assemblage of organs
in the body as well as the assemblage of relations between characters and
events etc...&nbsp; ).

<P>So I was playing around with several concepts, and while I would have
appreciated some constructive criticism, what I got told&nbsp; was that
I completely didn't 'get' it; that I'm over-ambitious; and then a not so
subtle suggestion that I should reconsider my plans to continue with D&amp;G
in post-grad studies.&nbsp; ???&nbsp; As I say, I'm not so sure I fully
understand everything, but I'm certainly managing to create something of
an understanding???. What I love about D&amp;G is that there seems to be
that positive creative/experimental ethic (you have to start somewhere).
<BR>Anyway, thankyou&nbsp; for the constructive discourse on the list;
all constructive criticism and encouragment is most sincerely appreciated.

<P>Chris G.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------78B920EABD8324236B33AD04--