Re: BwO

At 12:25 PM 11/23/98, Steve wrote:
>ps Paul Bains: AM Dib seems to have kindly reposted some of your pearls of
>wisdom. Unless there's anything else you can remember, I think that's the
>bulk of it. Got any stuff for me to read - I seem to be a blank lately -
>any hints for inspiration?

Thanks, AM Dib, I thought I was writing to Steve's home box. Sorry to bore
you all with the repetition. Shocking to see the absurd rubbish i write. I
think i'll trash the lot.

For those who read French i can only again recommend Stengers'
*Cosmopolitiques*. Start with Tome 1. 'La guerre des sciences'. (La
Decouverte,1997). It's refreshing to read someone who knows what they're
talking about and writes well. I like partic. chpter 2 'La mode d'existence
paradoxal du neutrino.' The neutrino that exists 'in itself' and 'for us',
becoming all the more in itself as it becomes for us. Correlative production
of beings that we make and which make us. Latour's 'factishes' (faitiches).
Stengers work makes continual ref. to d/g in a truly inventive and
interesting way.

merry xmas