Re: Anti-interpretation/BWO

Dear Amdib,

What you were writing re: Foucault req. a notion of the unconscious
seemed fascinating. But I'm lost. I would have thought F.'s work had
dispensed with the unconscious - maybe the sort of way Bourdieu has
dispensed with it - by eluding the division between conscious and
unconscious (and so step past that problem in Althusser re: the
radically unknowable nature of unconscious). In Dream and Existence, for
e.g., it strikes me that F. is already quite uninterested in the idea of
an unconscious economy which is in any way diff. from the economy of
discourse (once that economy has been properly mapped according to it's
project for the regulation of what D&G would call flows (but F. tends to
call "bodies"). But the way you write here makes me feel I'm missing
something importent. I really would like to hear more. Is the
unconscious simply the resistance of the "bodies" to the regulative
project? Could you elaborate with ref. to a major text like D&P?

- Chris