Re: Hello

hugot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello. I'm new to this mailing list. I'm currently looking for any on-line
> sources on Deleuze & Guattari. If anyone has any FTP sites that have files
> on D & G (or any other locations where there is on-line information), please
> leave me e-mail.
>
> Also:
> I'm currently writing a paper (which should be done tommorow) that links
> Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow to Deleuze & Guattari's minor literature as
> well as areas of the chapter "Postulates of Linguistics" from Thousand
> Plateaus. Among other sources, I'm already using John Johnston's article from
> Arizona Quarterly (Fall 1990) in which he links Pynchon to Deleuze's
> assemblages and multiplicities. If anyone has any other information that links
> Deleuze/Guattari and Pynchon, I would appreciate some e-mail.
>

> hugot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I responded to the poster via private e-mail, but I thought I might respond
here too in case anyone else has similar questions. I am aware of no on-
line sites with Deleuze and Guattari-related information. Largely this is
due to 1.) the effort involved in translating text into e-copy, and b.) the
restrictive laws concerning putting copyrighted materials up on the Net.

There are a number of term-paper and even dissertations relating to the
sociology, etc. of cyberspace that have been made available by ftp. I
wonder if anyone on this list has written anything that they would be
willing to make available. If so, let me know. I'm sure that we could
find an ftp site.

Somebody could also run Dissertation Abstracts - computer-searchable in
some academic libraries, I believe, so it would not be too difficult -
looking for dissertations that were Deleuze and/or Guattari-related.
I am still slowly working on my bibliography project, but I have not
run Dissertation Abstracts for a number of years. There are not any
dissertations that readily come to mind that are any good that have
not been published. But there may have been some recently. If some-
one could get a list, I would volunteer to contact the authors.

One exception to what I said above is the journal _PostModern Culture_,
which is published in both e-form and as a print journal by Oxford
University Press. There have been two papers that deal substantively
with Deleuze and Guattari - perhaps three - but the two that I remember
deal with a.) escort prostitution, and b.) a reading of the film
_Edward Sizzorhands_. These can be ftp'd from ftp.ncsu.edu, in the
directory /pub/ncsc/pmc/pmc-list.

They are organized by issue and author name. (You can ftp tables of
contents with abstracts.) I don't have exact filenames at hand. The
one on _Edward Scissorhands_ (spelled it right that time) is by Potter
and appeared in V2.3. I can't even _find_ the other one, which is
frustrating since I had it in hand a couple of days ago. . .

Michael

--
mcurrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -or- @ins.infonet.net -or- @nyx.cs.du.edu