Re: Query

Mary,

I am indeed familar with your translation of part of _Kafka_ that appeared
in _New Literary History_. It would be great if you would want to work
on one of these pieces. They are:

"8 ans apres: Entretien 1980," with Catherine Clement. _L'Arc_ 49
[Deleuze issue] Rev. ed. (1980):99-102

and

"`Mille Plateaux' ne font pas une montage, ils ouvrent mille chemins
philosopiques." Interview with Christian Deschamps, Didier Eribon and
Robert Maggoori. _Liberation_, October 23, 1980.

I know that the later was reprinted in Deleuze's collection _Pourparles:
1972-1990_ (Paris: Minuit, 1990). I have not been able to afford to
buy this volume, and it is on permanent loan to a U of Iowa faculty
member, it appears :), but the info, I have says that it appears as
"Sur _Mille Plateaux_" at pp. 39-52.

Charles Stivale points out the the whole of _Pourparles_ in being
translated into English. As I understand it, this is being done
by Martin Joughin, who I don't think I am familiar with. When I
made inquiries with Columbia University Press, which is supposed
to issue this volume, they clearly did not have on on their list
of expected releases for 1994. Stivale seems to think that it
will be coming from University of Minnesota Press, but it doesn't
seem to be on their 1994 list either. So I don't know for sure
what the story is. . . .

Michael

--
mcurrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -or- @ins.infonet.net -or- @nyx.cs.du.edu