i ching

& another thread to follow (i haven't tried yet) is deleuze's reading of
leibniz (who was himself absorbed by the i ching): to ask, is the i ching
side of leibniz discernible in the leibniz side of deleuze?

because there is, to be sure, a secret history whose traces survive in
philosophy as surely as the traces of goddess worship survive in xtianity
(in notre dame de paris, for instance).

one thing that attracts me to d$g is that their writing (call it
philosophy, call it political science, psychology, how-to-manual, whatever)
addresses a long ignored class of subjects: "the disgraced" (subjects who
are often also identified as "the oppressed," "the insane," etc. etc.).
this to my mind is the register of d!g's work that vibrates sympathetically
with the north american literature they so admire (melville, ginsberg), an
aspect of "our" literature (writing this as an american) that even now
disturbs school boards & religious groups. but not to obscure how rich a
heritage the disgraced inherit. falstaff too has a reading of (d)(g).

how about "becoming-villon"?

goofus