Re: Answer me!

I want to mention that Deleuze and Guattari are not
necessarily academic property. My attention was first drawn to
their work by the members of a Baltimore-based performance
group called The CoAccidents (Kirby Malone, Marshall Reese,
Chris Mason, and Chris Cheek) about 1976 or 77. They were
heavily in the post-Sex Pistols ethos, and in addition to
there stage-based work which explored various possibilities
of schizophrenia would go into large public gatherings tied
together with 100 ft. long ropes and move through the crowds.

Thus, my experience with D & G was completely
unlike my experience of the work of other theorists whom I
have only known and who have functioned only in the morgues
of academe. Unfortunately, D & G have largely become fodder
for university revolutionaries in the pay of the state.

On the slab in academe

Don Byrd