Re: bwo

[__]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \ / ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[__]
[] Erik Davis (oo) Cernunnos sez (cribbing the Fall): The only []
[] erikd@xxxxxxxxx __ thing real is waking and rubbing your eyes. []
[__]==================== ww ==============================================[__]

On Mon, 6 Jun 1994 UI234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> A while back someone sent a message suggesting that we discuss a section
> of ATP - the geology of morals i think. As it is i don't have any thoughts on
> that at the moment, but i liked the general idea. So, what about trying to
> get our heads round the very central and yet potentially confusing
> notion of the BODY WITHOUT ORGANS ?

I agree. The BwO seems to overlap with many recent threads--the questions
of identity, the notion of practice, and the Buddhist stuff. It's also
one of the more accessible chapters in ATP, by which I mean the inate
tendency of a list like this to get drawn into dry theorizing may be
somewhat undercut by the juciness of D&G's discussion of S&M, Castenada,
bodies etc. It also ties into science into some fascinating ways, as well
as adressing more overtly than elsehwere the political dimensions of
identity that are everywhere so pervasive and which "You-I" (as I read
UI234) pointed out. SO I throw out a question to all: without (at least
initially) going into your theoretical explanations and staying as close
as possible to the level of image, what does the "Body without Organs" do
for you? You cross the horizon of a plateau, and there it is: the Body
Without Organs. What kind of poem is this? What color are its smells?

Erik