BWO

(Boringish note to celebrate arriving in our TAZ. Well done Michael).

I haven't read the le Guin text (have to hunt it down) but i really
agree with the Taoism suggestion. As an atheistic, pragmatic,
antimoralistic, antihumanistic, and bottom-up 'religion' there's
no surprize that Taoism is where we're all going (or where we
already are? our agreement is entirely unnecessary, no preaching).

To describe the language of Plat.-6 as 'unusually dictatorial' seems a
little harsh, although the constant demand for prudence gets on my
nerves too. Or is it the (hypothetical) imperative form that's the
problem, i.e. do this, do that ...? If the latter i'm not sure it
matters, because it works like any other manual or guide: if you want
X do Y, do Z and things fuck up, no ethical bullshit therefore, just
techno-libidinal suggestions.

As for the BWO being deferred, that smells a bit derridoid to me. How
is it deferred? It's right there now. You're already doing things
with it. If you want to get out into the operating system it takes a
certain amount of technical proficiency (manuals again, or chemicals,
or whatever ...) but there isn't any big metaphysical obstruction to
doing it (just the human security system).

"black humour does not attempt to resolve contradictions, but to make
it so there are none, and never were any" CS-1 p.11

(Quick abusive note on Derrida: waves of hate against all the late-
stuff, and the Marx book in particular. He's trying to turn Marx into
a collective superego, and has started talking about it precisely
because he doesn't think it can do any real damage anymore. The man's
a Fortress Europe bureaucrat brimming with ressentiment at the Asian
economic supernova, and about as 'radical' as Ross Perot. End of
rant).

On John's remarks: all seem very sound Spinozistic schizofrenzy.
'Practical' tends to ring theory/practice dialectic alarm bells for
me, but that's just terminological idiosyncracy.

P.S. on D&G and nonlinear dynamics. Stuart Kaufman's 'The Origins of
Order' plugs into a lot of this stuff. It deals with complexity
catastrophes as sudden collapses of machinic trajectories into
(relatively low dimensional) 'boxes' in phase-space - i.e.
territorialization. Also lots of material on smooth versus rugged
(adaptation phase-space) landscapes during terrestrial biogenesis.

Got to run (back into hell).

DTTHSS