Guattari

Greetings one and all,

This is all still quite unofficial but I have just received word from
John Carvalho at Villanova where the '95 IAPL will take place that the
sessions on Guattari that Peter Trnka and myself have proposaed have
been accepted. This means that when you'll get your call for
submissions the "Erecting Small Monuments: Guattari on Sex and
Micro-Politics" entry will be included. Don't start sending
submissions yet but please do start thinking about the various
possibilities if you're interested as there isn't all that much leeway
between the time the call comes out and the deadline for submissions.
I shall post the call (which I'm told will include two sessions on Deleuze
and one on Deleuze and Becket as well) as soon as it is finalized. (The '94
meeting included four sessions on D&G by the way.)

For those who aren't familiar with it, the IAPL (International
Association for Philosophy and Literature) meets in May of every year.
It is one of the more interesting conferences I have been to (not that
I've been to many, but still). The atmosphere is very non-competitive
and participants are drawn from across the humanities. Compared to
the APA or the MLA, it is fairly non hierarchical and multi-disciplinary
in ways that many others only claim but never attain. I highly recommend it.

Fadi

abouriha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Dept. of Philosophy
48 Simpson Avenue University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario M4K 1A2 Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A1