re: smooting out

>>"We must also surpass logic based on the principle of the excluded third
term and on sufficient reason. Through smoothing out, a being beyond
comes into play, a being-for-the-other, which makes an existing being
take consitency outside of its strict delimitation in the here and now."

for an understanding of the excluded third term, I suggest looking at "Plato
and the Simulacrum" in *Logic of Sense* which was earlier translate in
*October*. Deleuze makes the argument that logic would be based on the true
and the false, the excluded term is the referent which is being exchanged,
but which is in fact also that which exceeds the representation of true or
false, roughly the position of woman in Strauss/Lacan. This is tied to a
rejection of inter-subjectivity, the externalization, or socialization of
"subjectivity", in it's self held truth and internal completeness, the soul
of saussure. The smoothing out then is rather parallel to their rejection of
hierarchy in signification, everything is taken on the level of practices.
Once you move to this level there is no longer being within or static being.
All being is outside, everything is surfaces, and there is no possibility of
being without change, without temporal and spacial displacement. I don't have
the essay, but that's what I can fish out of the fragment. Does that sound
about right??