Re: r/e deleuze + Buddhism

Buddhism is fascinating and complex; for a parallel to Plateaux you
might look at the *Tibetan Book of the Dead* with its discussion of
the Bardo Plain. There are two volumes in Dover by Th. Stcherbatsky,
*Buddhist Logic,* that are very relevant but difficult - and a lot of
quotes. I would try to read as many original texts as possible; the
second volume contains Dharmakirti's Nyaya-Bindu, "A Short Treatise
on Logic," and a number of other works. I have a volume, *Buddhism in
Translations,* which is in the Harvard Oriental Series, by Henry
Clarke Warren, from the Pali Canon - I recommend it. Evans-Wentz did
the Book of the Dead (*Bardo Thodol* if I remember) as well as *The
Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation.* There is a French writer I
respect a great great great deal, Michel Serres, whose *Detachment*
is another approach. Finally, I'd always recommend the Upanishads
which are amazing, and the Rig Veda, particularly the famous hymn
X 129, which I still reread.
Hope this is of some help.
Alan SOndheim