d/g Fembibliography

RE: D*G & feminism bibliography

Michael,
Much appreciated your short secondary source bibliography. It
reminded me of a few things I knew existed, but had forgotten (and
will now look up), like Lisa Brown's article in Parachute...

Seeing you list Charles Stivales fascinating
Mille/Punks/Cyber/Plateaus article, remembered that I had wanted to
mention that issue i.e. *SubStance 66* (articles by Bogue,
Colombat, Grisham, Holland, May, Saper and Surin) earlier, as an
example of a collection of critical essays on Deleuze and Guattari
predating the recent collection issuing from the Trent U.
Conference on D*G (ed. D. Olkowski)...

Trent reminds me of another three things. First, that Elizabeth
Grosz actually gave a different paper there and earlier that year
(1992) at McGill U. called "Refiguring Lesbian Desire*, a wonderful
experimental paper, which, if not published (I haven't seen it
published, but obtained a hard draft copy) may still be available
by writing to Elisabeth herself at Monash U., Dept. of Philosophy,
or by other such means.

Second thing regarding secondary sources, is that, as there have
been two, no three, including Warwick 94, conferences on Deleuze
and Guattari since Trent, there will probably be that many new
batches of proceeds forthcoming. Joan Broadhurst has already
mentioned *Cyberotics*. Duke U hosted a conference in March/93,
and to mention just one promising title on topic, there was a Fadi
Abou-Rihan (UofT) and Peter Trnka's (now at York) paper, "Hume's
Transsexual Empiricism: Deleuze and Becoming-Woman". And this May,
at U of Alberta, Edmonton, a Deleuze and Guattari working seminar
was held in tandem with the IAPL yearly conference. (Organizer's e-
mail address = mverdicc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Thirdly, and this has nothing to do with Trent or conferences,
I know of one article which may be of interest to those with an
interest in (women's) body politics, history, philosophy (esp
Spinoza and Deleuze): a very good article by Moira Gatens, *Towards
a feminist philosophy of the body*, that appears in
_Crossing_Boundaries_:_Feminisms_and_the_critique_of_knowledges_,
eds. Barbara Caine, E. A. Grosz, and Marie de Lepervanche (Sydney;
Boston: Allen & Unwin, 1988).

Solongfornow,

Karen Ocana
bjfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
***Les lois de nos desirs sont les des sans loisir***