ART. Disembodied Art Gallery. Update.

From: IN%"keithdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Keith I De Mendonca" 27-APR-1992 03:18:
54
.15
To: ArtNet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Subj: DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY UPDATE

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 92 18:01:20 +0100
From: Keith I De Mendonca <keithdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY UPDATE
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ArtNet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Via: UK.AC.MAILBASE; 27 APR 92 8:11:41 BST

THE DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY EXHIBITION,
BRIGHTON, ENGLAND, 1992.

An Update.

To date, we have received over 250 exhibits from 43 contributors
in 11 countries. The ultimate format of the exhibition has still not
been finalised at this time as the event will be shaped to utilise all
of the artwork that has been received by mid May; however it is envisaged
that the exhibition will take place in three parts :

+ A one day (or weekend) performance on Brighton's West beach
amongst the ruins of an old pier. Some of the artwork that
has been received will be hung on the remnants of the super-
structure, surrounding a central live performance by M.A.

+ An ongoing exhibition of the remaining artwork around the town
centre during the latter half of the May festival. Exhibits
will be hung from trees and lamp posts on the shopping streets
of Brighton. Passers by will be asked their views about the
exhibits and the nature of the exhibition itself. Blank sheets
of paper will also be left for spontaneous artistic contributions!

+ A "Disembodied Voices" radio programme will be broadcasted out to
Brighton in the latter half of the Festival on "Festival Radio,"
100.4 FM. Time & date(s) yet to be confirmed with the radio station.

& A travelling exhibition of Mail Art packaging and FAX ART exhibits
hopefully will be arranged in the next few weeks, subject to the
response to this FAX ART call for exhibits. This exhibition will
visit pubs, cafes and vacant shops in the latter half of May/early
June (?)

Thank you to everyone who have responded to these requests for artwork.
We can no longer accept EMAIL contributions as it is proving too time consuming
to set up this part of the exhibition. However we are now accepting FAX ART
contributions between the 1st & 15th May on the number shown below. The FAXs
go to a shared facility and so should be accompanied by a separate sheet that
identifies the sender and also its destination to the Disembodied Art Gallery
Exhibition. We will NOT FAX replies to FAX donors but all FAX artists WILL
receive documentation about the exhibition by post later this year - if you
supply a mailing address.

K. de Mendonca and M. A. Longbottom,

(disembodied curators)

PLEASE SEND YOUR FAX ARTWORK TO :-

ENGLAND 0273 678153 (1st-15th May '92)

Don't forget to Fax a cover sheet to "Keith de Mendonca" with your artwork
to ensure that your contribution is sorted into the correct pile!

PLEASE SEND YOUR ARTWORK TO :-

1992 DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY EXHIBITION,
FLAT 5, 65 LANSDOWNE PLACE,
HOVE, SUSSEX, BN3 1FL, UK.

All artwork should be sent so that we RECEIVE it by the middle
of MAY, 1992. PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS EMAIL FREELY TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING. THANK YOU !