ART: Disembodied Art. Brighton, England. Update.

From: IN%"keithdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Keith I De Mendonca" 13-MAY-1992 13:45:
43
.09
To: artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Subj: A DISEMBODIED UPDATE...

Date: Wed, 13 May 92 18:36:03 +0100
From: Keith I De Mendonca <keithdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: A DISEMBODIED UPDATE...
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Via: UK.AC.MAILBASE; 13 MAY 92 18:37:26 BST

THE DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY EXHIBITION,
BRIGHTON, ENGLAND, 1992.

A Further Update.

Thank you to all the people who have FAXed in contributions to the
exhibition. FAXes will be accepted until Friday 15th May (or by arrangement
with me please, via Email) on the number:

ENGLAND (44) 0273 678153 (1st-15th May '92)

To date, we have received over 400 exhibits from 130 contributors
in 14 countries! About 6 new contributions pour in daily through the post
and so I anticipate that the exhibition will continue well into June! The
exhibition opens on Saturday 16th May with:

+ A short performance on Brighton's West beach amongst the derelict
remains of the old West Pier at 10.00 am. Some of the artwork that
has been received will be hung on the remnants of the super-
structure, surrounding a central live performance by M.A. - as
the Disembodied Artist!

+ An ongoing exhibition of the remaining artwork around the town
centre during the latter half of the May festival. Exhibits
will be hung from trees and lamp posts on the shopping streets
of Brighton. Passers by will be asked their views about the
exhibits and the nature of the exhibition itself. Blank sheets
of paper will also be left for spontaneous artistic contributions!

+ A 45 minute "Disembodied Voices" radio programme will be broadcasted
out to Brighton on Tuesday 19th May on "Festival Radio," a temporay
local radio station that is on the air over the month of May.

+ Visits to pubs, clubs and shops to distribute out artwork and
solicit views on the pictures and the exhibition as a whole.

More information as we receive it. Thank you to everyone who have
responded so generously to this project. I never anticipated such an
overwhelming
response to our requests. A recent advert in the National magazine, "Artists
Newsletter" this month has generated a great deal of interest in this project
in the UK. (A special thank you must go to the anonymous donor in the UK who
sent
me his/her carpet in the post! Gratefully received I assure you.) Onwards and
upwards...

K. de Mendonca and M.A. Longbottom,

(disembodied curators)

PLEASE SEND YOUR FAX ARTWORK TO :-

ENGLAND (44) 0273 678153 (1st-15th May '92)

Don't forget to Fax a cover sheet to "Keith de Mendonca" with your artwork
to ensure that your contribution is sorted into the correct pile!

PLEASE SEND YOUR ARTWORK TO :-

1992 DISEMBODIED ART GALLERY EXHIBITION,
FLAT 5, 65 LANSDOWNE PLACE,
HOVE, SUSSEX, BN3 1FL, UK.

All artwork should be sent so that we RECEIVE it by the middle
of MAY, 1992. PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS EMAIL FREELY TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING. THANK YOU !

PS. All UKsubscribers who are in travelling distance of Brighton are invited
to visit the show. Contact keithdm@sussex to find out where the exhibition
will appear on each Saturday.