ARCHITECTURE: Architecture, Construction, Real Estate, Targeting of.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" 16-JUN-1992 16:
09
:21.05
To: [email protected]
CC:
Subj: DECnews/New Unit Targeting Architecture, Construction, Real Estate

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 16:03 EDT
From: "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[email protected]>
Subject: DECnews/New Unit Targeting Architecture, Construction, Real Estate
To: [email protected]

fyi

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: biz.dec
From: price@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Dave Price, UNIX Press Relations 16-Jun-1992
1245")
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 09:46:39 PDT

|||||||||||| DEC n e w s ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Digital Equipment Corporation
Maynard, Massachusetts 01754-2571
Editorial contact:

Richard Price
(508) 493-2743

DIGITAL EXPANDS VERTICAL FOCUS WITH NEW UNIT

TARGETING ARCHITECTURE, CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE

MAYNARD, Mass. -- June 15, 1992 -- Digital Equipment Corporation
today announced the formation of the Architecture, Engineering,
Construction and Real Estate (AECR) business group, responsible for
marketing computer systems, solutions and services to construction
and property management companies. The increasing complexity of
large scale construction projects has created the need to manage
information through all phases of the property life cycle from
initial design through facility management.
According to William M. Steul, Services Cluster Vice President,
"This organization was formed because we recognize that our
extensive experience in virtually every aspect of real estate
development, together with our information technology skills, is a
unique combination. This background provides us with a practical
perspective in developing information tools for real estate
development and related services."
Computer aided design (CAD) systems for architects,
construction engineers, and property managers, together with
document management, cost and scheduling, resource planning,
purchasing and billing, are functions that must be integrated to
meet today's changing business environment.
When a project is completed, managing the economics of use,
maintenance and functionality can be critical factors in providing
appropriate returns throughout the project life cycle.
"The challenge is to help our customers become more profitable
through our understanding of each step of the planning, construction
and management process," stated Graham M. Roberts, AECR business
manager, "developing world-class solutions for each step, and
integrating those solutions to achieve maximum efficiency throughout
the entire cycle. We know how to do that today."
Digital Equipment Corporation, headquartered in Maynard,
Massachusetts, is the leading worldwide supplier of networked
computer systems, software and services. Digital pioneered and
leads the industry in interactive, distributed and multivendor
computing. Digital and its partners deliver the power to use the
best integrated solutions - from desk top to data center - in open
information environments.
####

CORP/92/687
DECnews is sent as a courtesy to members of the press.
For subscription information please contact:
David Price, USS Press Relations, Digital Equipment Corporation
Voice:603-884-3467 FAX:603-884-3467 Internet:price@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

%%% overflow headers %%%
Apparently-To: price@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, silva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, grant,
fab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, julian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, biz.dec.usenet,