ART: Art-All-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. New...

From: IN%"IAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 15-JUN-1992 12:18:25.73
To: ART-ALL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Subj: New

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 17:08 GMT
From: IAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New
Sender: art-all-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ART-ALL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Via: UK.AC.MAILBASE; 15 JUN 92 17:09:48 BST

>From: CBS%UK.AC.NEWCASTLE::CRISTYN.EMMETT 15-JUN-1992 13:47:10.81
To: iap,dpr
CC:
Subj: New commands for Mailbase

Via: UK.AC.MAILBASE; Mon, 15 Jun 92 13:47 GMT
Subject: New commands for Mailbase
To: [email protected] (owners-unique)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 92 13:53:39 BST
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]

Hello,
We have introduced some new commands for Mailbase which are detailed below.
These changes are in response to requests from users; we do not anticipate
further major changes for some time.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any queries about
these new commands (we hope they will make your life easier, rather than more
difficult :-) )

You may like to tell your members about these changes, either by copying this
message or by telling them how to retrieve the file below. It may be
retrieved by sending the command:
SEND mailbase news
to [email protected].

Regards,

Cristy

UPDATED MAILBASE COMMANDS - June 1992

There are major visible changes to Mailbase in the latest release of software.

NEW COMMANDS

For list members:
SUSPEND MAIL { <listname> | ALL }
You will remain a list member, but will receive no mail from your
list(s) until you issue a RESUME MAIL command.

RESUME MAIL { <listname> | ALL }
Mail will be resumed from the list(s) specified.

LEAVE ALL
You will no longer be a member of any lists for which the membership
mail address matches the From: field of your mail header.

For list owners:
DONT NOTIFY ME { <listname> | ALL }
You will receive no routine mail about members joining or leaving
your list(s) until you issue a NOTIFY ME command.

NOTIFY ME { <listname> | ALL }
Routine mail about members joining or leaving your list(s) will be
resumed.

QUIET
Issued before an ADD MEMBER or REMOVE MEMBER command, the member
will not be told about their being added or deleted from a list.
(Useful if a member has changed mail address, or no longer has a
mail address at all).

Similar to the ADD MEMBER command, this will add the named person
as a moderator for your list.

REMOVE MODERATOR <listname> <mailname>
Similar to the DELETE MEMBER command, this will remove the named
person as a moderator for your list.

MEMBERSHIP <mailname>
This will return a list of the lists which you own and to which
the named person belongs. If the member is 'hidden' or has suspended
mail this is indicated next to the appropriate listname.

REMOVE MEMBER ALL <mailname>
This will delete the named person as a member of all the lists which
you own and to which the person belongs.

ENABLE REPLY-TO-LIST <listname>
Similar to the ENABLE REVIEW command, this will set the 'reply-to'
option of the list so that replies to a message in the list are sent
to the list and not to the person who sent the message.

DISABLE REPLY-TO-LIST <listname>
Similar to the DISABLE REVIEW command, this will set the 'reply-to'
option of the list so that replies to a message in the list are sent
the person who sent the message and not to to the list .

ENABLE MODERATION <listname>
Similar to the ENABLE REPLY-TO-LIST command, this will set the
'moderation' option of the list so that messages sent to the list
are forwarded first to the list moderator. If there are no existing
moderators, the person sending this command will be added
automatically as the list moderator.

DISABLE MODERATION <listname>
Similar to the DISABLE REPLY-TO-LIST command, this will set the
'moderation' option of the list so that messages sent to the list
are passed directly to the list members rather than to a moderator.
After this command has been processed, any moderators for the list
will be removed automatically.

ENHANCED COMMANDS

For list members and owners
LIST ME
As before this returns name of the lists of which you are a member,
owner or moderator. If you are a 'hidden' member or have suspended
your mail, this is indicated next to the appropriate listname.
If you are an owner who has specified 'dont notify me', this is
indicated next to the appropriate listname.

LINE LIMIT
It is no longer necessary to give this command when using SEND for
a large file. If necessary, the file will be split automatically
into 1000-line (approximately 45,000 characters) pieces.
You may override this minimum limit of 1000 by issuing a LINE LIMIT
command before SEND, but a maximum line limit of 5000 lines
(approximately 225,000 characters) will be imposed.

For list owners
Previously this resulted in a message being sent to the people at
mailbase-helpline who carried out the updates themselves. Now the
command is processed automatically.

REMOVE OWNER <listname> <mailname>
Now an automatic process, as for ADD OWNER.

REVIEW TOTAL <listname>
As before this returns a list of all members, including those
'hidden'. Members who have suspended mail are now indicated.

Cristy Emmett (NISP team) 11.06.92

(end of file)