GENERAL: Computer Anination School. Canada. More...

Here is a littlemore feedback... Howard

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: comp.graphics.animation
From: jwu@xxxxxxxxx (Joseph Wu)
Subject: Re: Computer Animation Schools
Sender: Joseph Wu <jwu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 92 19:22:38 GMT

In article <1992Sep17.175712.15838@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
salisbur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mike Salisbury) writes:
>I visited a company in Vancouver, British Columbia last week which teaches
>animation techniques. It appears that the students use PC's for the most
>part, with final rendering performed on an SGI Iris Indigo workstation.
>The software they use on the SGI machine was quite impressive, but I don't
>know if the students really get to use it.
>
>Anyway, here's the information for anybody who's interested:
>
>DigiPen Computer Graphics, Inc.
>530 Hornby Street
>Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6C 2E7
>(604) 682-0300
>FAX (604) 682-0310
>

>-- Mike Salisbury

As of last year, when I last visited DigiPen, they were committed to
Autodesk Animator (and associated software) on high-end 486 boxes.
Part of their commitment to students was that they would purchase a
new machine for every two new students (i.e. there would always be a
maximum of 2 students per machine). Tuition is on the order of $10k,
but that is, according to DigiPen (and I wouldn't know), cheap considering
what they offer in terms of training, actual video production, and
future portfolio-building.

--Joe.