ARCHITECTURE: Geodesic Dome Query.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster Fulle
r'
s works" 24-SEP-1992 16:37:30.85
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: Questions on building a Geodesic Dome Home

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1992 16:25:10 -0400
From: "(Dirk W. Howard)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Questions on building a Geodesic Dome Home
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

I am considering building a geodesic dome home and I would like to ask a few
questions from those people that have built one, or live in one.

1) How hard was it to get the building permit to build your dome?

2) How much of the work were you able to do your self?

3) If you had to hire contractors, how hard was it to find a contractor
that was willing to work on a dome?

4) Did you use a dome kit? If so, which one?

5) How long did it take to comple your dome?

6) Do you have a mortgage on your dome? If you do, how hard was it to
get the financing? Did you have to go through any special hoops or
hassles to get it?

7) What are your feelings on the quality of the living space? Do you
enjoy the non-rectalinear rooms? What aspects are most enjoyable?
What are some drawbacks?

8) What do you enjoy most about your dome?

9) What do you like the least about you dome?

10) Would you do it again?

You may either mail or post your replies. I will summarize the information
and post the summary here.

Thanks in advance.

Dirk W. Howard These are my personal opinions. No one else
Novell Technical Support in their right would claim them.
[email protected]