ARCHITECTURE: Employment?

- - The original note follows - -

From: [email protected] (Linda J. Streicher)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: job opportunites?
Date: 28 Sep 92 17:52:39 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Originator: [email protected]

Well,

I haven't seen any discussion about job opportunities so
I thought I'd ask a few obvious questions.

I will be graduating with a Masters in Arch in May, my undergrad
degrees are in business and fine arts.

How should I start my job search? What geographical areas of the
US are "booming" in architecture? (I would like to stay in the North East)

What special skills are desirable for arch jobs (CAD? Rendering?
Model building? Drafting? Presentation drawings? Design?)

How important is my portfolio? Will my business background be helpful
for obtaining a job?

Are there any architects out there who are hiring? ;-)

Thoughts on this subject, or others, are welcome,

Linda