Re: Chaos Theory

Most of us are Bauhaus-related designers! Howard

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: churayj@xxxxxxxxxx (raymond Chung)
Subject: Re: Chaos Theory
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (USENET News System)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1992 23:51:00 GMT

I know a little about Chaos Theory, but I'm completely bewildered by the
prospect of incorporating it into architecture. If you can manage to make
different components of the architecture relate to each other in undeniable
but subtle ways... then maybe you have something.

I'm curious as to how you can list Constructivism and Deconstructivism
("decon", I take it) together. One is a Russian movement from the
mid-century, and the other is a modern strange thing, that I can't figure
out. It (decon) sounds overly intellectual and literal to me. But I'm
bauhaus in mentality and probably will be for a while anyway.

? = ! > .

r a y m o n d C h u n

someone tell me why we gave up on the bauhaus