Re: ARCHITECTURE: Chaos Theory.

- - The original note follows - -

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 19:19 CST
From: MIKE SCHULER <OBERON@KSUVM>
Subject: Re: ARCHITECTURE: Chaos Theory.
To: <[email protected]>

As far as designing a population center based on aesthetic criteria, a
number of people have been doing this of late, most noteably A. Duaney and
Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk. While their best opus yet (Seaside, FL) is really
only a summer-home sort of area, a number of their other works are much more
substantial.
Even though I feel that a unifying force in urban design would "solve" a
few problems, so far it has only been used (to my knowledge) in developments
and the like. Where is the balance between architectural freedom and a
community defined "genius loci"?

Mike Schuler
College of Architecture and Design
Kansas State University