ARCHITECTURE: Diversity in Competitions?

This competition is open to "all regularily enrolled students, of United
States citizenry (as described in the bylaws which [they] cannot amend
without severe difficulty and major legal fees), of the five accredited
schools of architecture in Pennsylvania (no independents), who are
expected to graduate in the Spring Term."

"...the school will be responsible for the entry amount of thirty dollars
($30.00) of any entry that they send to the Managing Committee for final
jury. [We] may decide whether to collect those funds independently from the
students or pay for them from [our] budget."

I would be interested in discussion of the above paragraphs in terms of
any diversity issues.

Thanks.
Howard