Date: 18 November 1992, 16:21:50 EST
From: PBN101 at PSUVM
Subject: Multimedia Special Interest Group
To: MJH, PBN101, JTA, WDA1, ECB4, Z1B, TLB136, EBB, PQB, JLC14
IRJ, ALC, JCC8, CIQ, RPC1, MED8, SCD1, EUA, DWD1, BSD
RED3, FYB, ECA, WMF1, BF3, DRF, WJG106, BLG104, REG6, JTH
JTH4, GAH, PCJ, JBK, JNK, JKP3, GDK, DEK4, CUL, JSL4, HRL
GAL4, FHM1, RJM, O06, ERM1, JAM14, RDM5, TOM, P16, MXP3
SOP1, SXP14, RVG, JER, PAR4, EES2, AFS, JCS2, DTS3, MBF
AT2, S2U, AAV, JXV3, VLW107, BBH102, FSW1, AGY, AXA10
DNA2, K5B, JPC5, LMC7, DHD2, JMC13, ABF1, RSG116, KCM110

**** MULTIMEDIA SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP ****

**** MEETING DATE ****

DATE: November 24, 1992
TIME: 2 - 4
PLACE: 141 Computer Building
TOPIC: DIGITAL AUDIO

* FORMAT *

I. Introductory Remarks

II. Presentation by Michael Anderson of Silicon Graphics
He will show SGI's digital audio capabilities for multimedia.

III. Digital Audio
We will address the new technological advances in digital
audio.

Topic Outline:
Digital Audio
Device Characteristics
Sampling Rate
Bits Per Sample
Number of Channels
Popular Sampling Rates
Compression
Hardware
Input/Output
File Formats
File Conversions

* LISTSERVE *
I have created a multimedia listserve where I will be posting
relative information for anyone interested. If you care too
join L-MULTIM type the following:

TELL LISTSERV AT PSUVM SUBSCRIBE L-MULTIM full name

To signoff the listserve you can simply type:

TELL LISTSERV AT PSUVM SIGNOFF L-MULTIM

* QUESTIONS *
If you have any questions regarding MSIG or multimedia please
send me a note and I will gladly answer your questions to the
best of my abilities.

TRAINING AND MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS
Patrick Nouhra
224A Computer Building