Re: ARCHITECTURE: Geodesic Domes in Upstate New York.

Hey GeoDomies:

I didn't realize that there is still a great interest in residential
geodesics.

My brother - for far too long - was the head designer at Oregon Domes.
He not only had to design some very irregular structues but also had
to calculate all the manufacturing dimensions. He developed a method
of using a Lotus spreadsheet to generate all his fabrication specs.

If anyone is real interested in this method, I'll ask him if he
wouldn't mind letting it loose.

Respectfully,
- Frank McGuire

P.S. - I've written a program to "unfolds" a geometric form to produce
a flat pattern development that can be cut out and refolded to make a
"real" physical model from a .DXF 3d object. I'm putting this out as a
commercial (but extremely cheap) CAD utility. This program also gives
mitre angles and dimensions for fabrication and could easily be used for
geodesic dome construction.

If anyone is interested in this, get back to me.

fmcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx