RE: GENERAL: Photo List Query.

RE: SOMEONE ASKING ABOUT PHOTO-L and any other on-line resources anyone
might know about....(asked about by Paul Brown of Fine Art Forum)

Comment:

PHOTO-L IS A LIST FORUM FOR DISCUSSION OF ALL ASPECTS OF
PHOTOGRAPHY, includinng aesthetics, equipment, technique, etc.

To subscribe to the list issue the SUB PHOT-L your_name command in your
mail message to LISTSERV%BUACCA.BITNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or something like that (I am a VMS user so your method might be dif)

I dont' use PHOTO-L, but i looked at my listserver list (hardcopy) and
saw it there.

To get a list of listservers (i.e. of converences)....you can ftp
to ftop.nisc.sri.com
and look through netinfo/interest-groups

(i can't tell you exactly how to use all the commands to get to it;
well maybe i could if i thought about it, but i'm not a unix user
so i just figure it out when i connect; you probably can too, but
write back if you need more help)

once you copy/get the interest-groups list onto your local machine, you
can then print the list out and review it as needed (it is in alpha order)
or you could use your editor to search for phrases or keywords to find
topics of interest.

Good luck

Tom
Evola@WUOLIN or EVOLA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (washington university in st. louis, MO)