ARCHITECTURE: Funding Innovative Construction.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster Fulle
r'
s works" 12-DEC-1992 07:28:13.76
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: RE: Rest in Peace?

Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1992 08:35:26 GMT
From: D Anton Sherwood <dasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Rest in Peace?
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Comments: Warning -- original Sender: tag was NETNEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In article <01GS5CIYA1PC9EGJOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Bill Long
<[email protected]> writes:

>... Someone mentioned about banks being reluctant
>to finance archetecturally inovative homes and I agree that this is
>probably a large factor in why we don't see more domes...I know people in this
>area who've had a hard time getting financing for homes that weren't hooked
>up to public electric utilities (you know, solar or wind powered) and that
>discourages more of this type of construction. I'm sure it's a plot by the
>banks and public utilities to keep the $$$ flowing in...maybe McElwaine
>would like to dump a large file of "evidence" to this list for us to review
>(please don't forget the :^).

Er, how does cutting themselves (the banks) out of a segment of the market
keep the money flowing in?

The banks probably just deem it a bad risk to lend on a house that can't be
built because of the wonderful Codes.

But yeah, I'll go along with putting blame on the public (i.e. monopolistic)
utilities.
--
Anton Sherwood dasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 415 267 0685 1800 Market St #207, San Francisco 94102 USA