ARCHITECTURE: Worcester, MA. Science Center. Dome Resource Query.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster Fulle
r'
s works" 16-DEC-1992 03:52:10.27
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: Request for BIG Project Bibli/Contacts..

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1992 03:41:00 EST
From: GIVE PEAS A CHANCE <[email protected]>
Subject: Request for BIG Project Bibli/Contacts..
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>

Howdy...
'We' are in the midst of a major Masterplan undertaking to redo our
Musuem (c. 54,000 sq. ' now on 60 acres) and Wildlife Center (zoo).
I will be working with architects/exhibit consultants on the design/
model which will be the Center's future.

Our natural history collections, technology, interactive exhibits are to
be integrated with the wildlife... Sort of bioregion pods 'growing off"
the main building.

Point: I'd love to tellthe architects that the pods must be designed
as geodesic domes... functional, aesthetic, and a palpable signature
of our mission of environmental education (global change research).

I have a rather conservative Boardof Trustees...but if I am adequately
prepared on cost-effectiveness --as well as vision and ethics--I know
I can sell this.

Any references or contacts you can supply would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lois (Brynes)
Associate Director
New England Science Center
Worcester, MA