Re: GENERAL: SURVEY on Virtual Reality.

I've just seen a relpy to that survey (I didn't see the
original request) & the replyer indicated that medical applications
of vr were "neat-o but not essential".

May I suggest that s/he investigate the work of David Warner
at Loma linda Medical Uni in CA who is using vr as an
enabling technology for the disabled and as a communication
system for terminally ill infants and children.

Medical apps of VR are probalby the most significant
application of vr around (look at Stephen hawkins for eg.)

Also flight simulators (big professional ones) are
possibly the longest established and successful application
of vr to date.