Re: ARCHITECTURE: Organic.

> Sometimes organic processes (of architecture) do represent form and
> function in balance. Sometimes (architecture) is done by design
> (architects) that represents the (architect's) E G O.
> -----
> Howard

I certainly agree about designers ego-oriented methodology. In a
recent publication I argued that this is one consequence of the
success of market-forces led design aesthetics in the past three
(four?) decades. When we judge a design by market preferences
we encourage the designer to entertain and not inform.

I'm very interested in the newer *performance measured* design
which is being applied to communication and information design
with (to my mind) excellent results (and the de-throning of the
design elite).

Is anything similar happening in architecture?

Paul brown
brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx