GENERAL: Minimal Works.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 18-JAN-199
3
11:02:25.80
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: analyze to death

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1993 10:50:41 EST
From: MM <mbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: analyze to death
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

Anything that can be analyzed to death should be, since that shows how limited
it was in the first place. Might as well get to that point of early exhaustion
of meaning and see that there wasn't much there. One of the ways works get
discarded so new people won't have to waste their time with it. Also, one
person's death is another one's intellectual nourishment. "Analyzing it to
death" is often offered as a self-evident truth, when in fact the value judg-
ment contained in the words is more highly subjective than the interpretation
and analysis of works of art. Finally, can we help it that we can't submit
drawings on email?
Michael M:cColl