GENERAL: Minimal Works, E-Mailing of.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 18-JAN-199
3
11:21:33.18
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: RE: analyze to death

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1993 10:13:30 CST
From: Paul Brown <brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: analyze to death
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

> Finally, can we help it that we can't submit
> drawings on email?
> Michael M:cColl

Just a point of clarification that you CAN send drawings
be email. The problem is knowing that the recipient has
the necessary software to interpret them. Calstate San
Jose recently did some TV transmissions via the Internet
and sending display-postscript, eps, tiff and other
graphic formats is very common these days.

When sending via a listserver or other distribution
utility you can't always know what the subscribers will
have so we use good old ASCII, the one-and-only standard.

Subscribers to FineArt Forum will know that we are planning
to put images and other "rich-media" documents into a
public area where people can retrieve them using utilities
like Telnet, ftp and Gopher. The ASCII version of the
newsletter will index these files and give instructions
about their format and how to retrieve them.

Using the LISTSERV GET command it should be possible to
do something similar on ARTCRIT. (Anybody out there got
any free time to make it work??)

Paul brown
brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx