ARCHITECTURE: Floating Domes and Autopia List.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster Fulle
r'
s works" 20-JAN-1993 23:29:00.04
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: About the floating domes...

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 23:13:54 EST
From: Francois Dion <dionf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: About the floating domes...
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

Hi, i joined this list recently after having read the description in the LOML
(list of mailing lists). I am interested in the floating dome city that Fuller
planned, because i am on the autopia list (a floating techno-colony), and would
like to link the ideas.

Curiously enough, it is also just recently i learned that a dome i see from my
house was designed by Buckminster Fuller. It is of course (if you haven't
guessed from the fact that i'm in Montreal, Canada) the American pavillon from
the 1967 International expo on Terre des Hommes (actually Notre-Dames island).

Anyway, back to my main point: anybody can give me informations on the floating
domes idea?

Ciao,
--
Francois Dion