GENERAL: CHRISTOPHER ALEXANDER and Eno.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: malcolm@xxxxxxx (Malcolm Humes)
Subject: Re: Christopher Alexander
Sender: news@xxxxxxx (News Manager)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1993 22:34:42 GMT

randolph@xxxxxxxxxx (Randolph Fritz) writes:

>Alexander's books sit in the hardware section of Whole Earth Access,
>the postmodern Berkeley department store, next to the construction
>codes. Someone is buying them--I wonder who?

Brian Eno, a renowned musician, music producer and visual artist, mentioned
being profoundly inspired by Alexander's writing. I took it that he was
applying some of the ideas on architecture to his (Eno's) own work in
other mediums - he was talking about this a bit on KPFA when he was in
San Francisco for an exhibit of his light sculptures back in 1988. It's
got me curious enough to maybe read some of Alexander, despite my general
lack of interest in architecture... I'm was just wandering through, about
to unsubscribe to this newsgroup when I saw the reference and it sparked
my memory.

- Malcolm