ART: PAPER-L List. Computer Prints on Paper.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.artcom
From: galanter@xxxxxxx (Philip Galanter)
Subject: Computer Art "works on paper" discussion group via e-mail
Sender: notes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Notes Person)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 00:16:40 GMT

Announcing a new mailing list discussion group for those interested
in hardcopy computer art. Here is our initial charter:

"The PAPER-L electronic bulletin board is designed to provide
a place for artists and technicians to discuss the use of hardcopy
media for computer art, and other issues related to such art. This
would include, for example, discussions of various printers, papers,
and related photographic processes, archival issues, esthetic issues,
the announcement of computer art shows and gallery openings, and
market issues relating to computer art. This bulletin board is an
outgrowth of the "works on paper" birds-of-a-feather meeting at the
Siggraph '92 meeting held in Chicago."

We hope to meet again at Siggraph '93. We also hope to gain the e-mail
participation of artists on other networks (e.g. CompuServe) via internet
gateways, interested printer and imaging companies (e.g. Iris, Kodak,
Tektronix), and related service companies and galleries (e.g. Nash
Editions). So please pass this along!

To join in, send e-mail to:

listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (internet) or listserv@nyuacf (bitnet)

and as the body of the message include this line with _your_ name:

subscribe paper-l John Smith

Once your subscription has been processed you will be sent a response.
From that point on you will be able to send mail to all subscribers via
the address:

paper-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (internet) or paper-l@nyuacf (bitnet)

If any of this proves to be problematic, send direct e-mail to me at the
address below. If direct e-mail also fails please consult with your local
network administrators.

Thanks for your interest,

Phil

Philip Galanter New York University phone: 212-998-3041
Research Associate 251 Mercer fax: 212-995-4120
Academic Computing New York, NY 10012 internet: galanter@xxxxxxx

O f f i c e o f A r t s & M e d i a T e c h n o l o g i e s