ARCHITECTURE: Solar Energy Design.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: sci.energy,alt.architecture
From: stedmabn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (STEDMAN)
Subject: Software for Solar Energy Design of Buildings
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1993 15:50:20 GMT

This is a general call to discover public domain software
for solar energy calculations for buildings in specified
locations in the U.S. Hopefully the software will be user friendly
and ideally have a graphical user interface, maybe even
interface with an architectural CAD package. Does anyone
know if the U.S. Department of Energy has anything available?

My searches on archie have been fruitless, but then I have no
program names to work with.

Possible platforms include Msdos, Apple and Sun (or unix).

Please respond by email to bstedman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will collect all responses and make them available in
this news group. Considerable thanks in advance.