RE: ARCHITECTURE: Schools?

re: comment about student returning to school to be architect and
someone's reply that you should "stay with or get involved with computers"
(i.e. no money in architecture/ for the most part)

comment:

there is a fairly new book called "do what you want; the money will follow"
and i am intrigued by the title and by what it suggests.

i was a fine artist (or not so fine!), and got into teaching, and then
into computers! yes, i've made a living and have a house, 2 kids,
1/2 acre of land in nice suburban central area. i have no regrets either.
as i do/did enjoy the 11 years of computing.

however, there is an internal pendulum inside many of us. it swings back
and forth at different rates for many of us. it is time for me to do
something different. i want to re-connect with the arts. and, yes,
sometimes i feel that "geesh, i should have stuck with the arts, and
with dedication, could still have fallen into something relatively
decent with regard to cash."

Anyway, now i am a richer person (not in terms of money)...as i know
about computers (something which i never would have gotten into if
fate didn't lead me there)....and i feel more whole knowing something else.

But what we do for one period in life may not be what we do for another.

In any case, do pursue those things you have a passion for!!! Always.
But, be alert to trends in society. Yes, computer knowledge is a must
for a sharp survivor. Combine the two interests and develop skills
as best you can, and as diversely as possible!

good luck to you, miguel.

tom
evola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. what is the book that ranks the architecture schools anyway.??
by the way, how is the School of Architecture at Washington University
ranked? i work at Wash U., but in computing, and was curious about
our architecture schools reputation.??