GENERAL: Virtual Art Gallery.

From: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 4-FEB-1993 05:58:13.89
To: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx", IN%"[email protected]",
IN%"brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj: Virtual Art Gallery Opportunity

Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1993 10:49:18 +0000
From: Ivan Pope <iap@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Virtual Art Gallery Opportunity
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, [email protected], brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please forward this as far and as wide as possible.

CD-i Virtual Art Gallery

Show your work in a Virtual Gallery.
Prospect Management and Philips Interactive Media UK are putting together a
unique Virtual Nightclub CD-i for worldwide release. Within this Virtual
Nightclub will be an interactive gallery showing a variety of digital work
from around the world.
The Virtual Nightclub encompasses three areas, Virtual Space, Street Space
and Headspace. "Visitors" will be able to move at will through many
different areas and experience a full interactive environment. The Gallery
is a space separate to but integrated into the nightclub. Within the
Gallery visitors will be able to view interactive and digital works.
Prospect Management are currently planning supporting exhibitions to
promote the Virtual Gallery. I am keen to promote the use of CD-i as an
artist medium and feel this is a unique opportunity to test the waters.

I would like to invite interested digital artists to submit the following
types of work for possible inclusion in the Virtual Gallery:

2-D Digital Images
3-D Digital Images
QuickTime Movies
Animations
Interactive work
Interactive 3-D work
Other categories

Although I want to make this as open as possible, I have to limit formats
mainly to the Apple Mac. I can translate most PC 2-D formats but would
struggle with anything else. If you know how to translate anything else to
a Mac platform, please suggest this to me.

Submission
Work and questions can be sent to me iap@xxxxxxxxxx in any Mac compacted
and binhexed format. I will also accept PC 2-D digital images that have
been zipped.Please use "Interactive Gallery" as the subject line in all
e-mail communications.
If the work is too large to send over the Internet, I will accept Mac and
PC discs at:
Ivan Pope
13 Brett Rd
London E8 1JP

Deadline for submissions: Mid February

All submissions must include a file with the following information:
Name of artists
Contact address of artist
Contact phone number of artist
E-mail address of artist (if applicable)
Title of work(s)
Format of works
Any further information (e.g. which software package animation was created
with, brief history of work, further information about work)
Short statement about artist

Rewards
All artists whose work is featured will receive a copy of the CD-i when it
is released. All submitted work will be considered for any exhibitions that
are set up in connection with the project.

Legals
Please note that the contact address is vital. All selected artists will be
contacted by Prospect Management for copyright clearance. Note that all
artists retain copyright in all submitted work. No work will be used for
any purpose without express clearance by Prospect Management.

*********** Ivan Pope
JANET: iap@xxxxxxxxxx ********* Goldsmiths' College
OTHERS: iap@xxxxxxxxxx ******* Computing Service
***** New Cross