GENERAL: Sound of Space (Sculpture-Architecture Connection).

I would like to have more discussion of Subject. Thanks. Howard

- - The original note follows - -

From: pkosidow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul G Kosidowski)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: The sound of space
Date: 6 Feb 1993 16:29:37 GMT
Originator: pkosidow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From article <C20AxJ.I6C@xxxxxxxxx>, by gcf@xxxxxxxxx (Gordon Fitch):
> randolph@xxxxxxxxxx (Randolph Fritz) writes:
>
> I've since thought that the perception of space could be
> adjusted by the addition of various simple sound-generating
> devices to the environment. Or is this by now old hat?
> --
Do you know the work of Bruce Nauman. He's a sculpture that uses
sound as a medium, installing sound generation equipment in various
spaces. His most famous one is in a subway vent on the south end of
Times Square, in the triangle between Broadway and 6th ave. He's
also done something in the stairwell of the Museum of Contemporary
Art in Chicago.

Paul Kosidowski
Modern Studies.