ARCHITECTURE: Hydronic Floor Heating System?

Try NetNews BBS, MISC.CONSUMERS.HOUSE for questions and answers
about construction. Howard

- - The original note follows - -

From: kmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Karin Meyer)
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Hydronic Floor Heating
Date: 6 Feb 93 23:11:00 GMT
Sender: usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks,

This might not be quite the right place for my question, but here it goes :

I am about to start building a house, designed emphasizing passive
solar design and thermal efficiency. In the moment, I am trying to
decide on the additional heating system. Since I am going to have a
solar or heat pump hot water system, i am seriously considering the
option of in-slab heating using water (rather than the electric one
which the local electricity board promotes - not only is it too
expensive to run, but I don't like the idea of living on top of an
electric field). Though i found a firm in sydney supplying this kind
of heating system, it seems next to impossible to find out about the
performance of it and pitfalls etc.

hence my appeal to the net : does anybody have any experience with
this kind of heating, any advice or pointers as to where to get
information ????

looking forward to your reply,
txx in advance

karin.