Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: sureshk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (suresh krishnajois)
Subject: HELP! Architect wants employment
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ( CNews Account at twilight.wpd.sgi.com )
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 93 00:31:06 GMT

Hi,

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. She is looking to work as an architect/
interior designer/illustrator, part time or full time. She is willing to work
as an employee or as a contractor or consultant. I have enclosed her resume
at the end of this posting. She would prefer to work in or around the bay area,
but would not mind relocating if the prospects are good elsewhere.

Along with her qualifications mentioned in the resume, she is currently
learning AutoCAD. We are in the process of purchasing a computer with CAD and
architectural packages, and also electronic paint and graphic design packages.
We are even willing to invest in AutoCAD. Our computer will be equipped with a
fax and a modem, and we will subscribe to one or more of the major online
computer networks. So my wife could work out of home, interacting with her
clients/employers, exchanging designs/drawings via computer network. In
fact she
would prefer this mode of working the most.

Could anyone suggest potential openings ? Also could you suggest:

- names of companies/other organizations that could employ someone with my
wife's background.

- in general, what are the employment prospects (on site or via computer
network) in the US/Canada for someone like my wife.

- to which other newsgroups I should post this for maximal coverage.

I am myself a Software Engineer, and hence could bring to bear my knowledge
of graphics, multimedia etc., to supplement my wife's expertise in
architecture.

I would very much appreciate any response whatsoever in this regard.

Suresh Krishnajois
email: sureshk@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: 415-390-5454 (work)
Home phone and address same as in resume enclosed below.

--------------------BEGIN RESUME--------------------------------------------

DEVAKI KRISHNAJOIS 175 Calvert Drive Apt A-204, Cupertino, CA 95014
(408)-865-1354

RESUME

OBJECTIVE A career in architectural and interior design.

EDUCATION Bachelor of Architecture, Karnatak University, India (Aug 1990)

HONORS Ranked 2nd in the university in the final year of B Arch.

CUMULATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE

Trainee: 6 months
Architect with independent responsibilities: 1 Year
Also independent consultancy experience.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

RAMAMURTHY HOMBALI AND ASSOCIATES, Bangalore, India.

ARCHITECT with independent design responsibilities (Sep 1990 - Sep 1991)

Independently implemented conceptual designs, planning, working drawings and
municipal drawings for the following projects:

- Farm house.
- Apartment complex.
- Individual residences.
- Community school.
- Boys hostel for an engineering college.
- Commercial buildings.
- Interior designs for residences, stores and offices.

TRAINEE ARCHITECT (Mar 1990 - Aug 1990)

Aquired practical experience in the following areas:

- Conceptual designs.
- Working drawing details.
- Designing of doors and windows.
- Interior design.

UNIVERSITY PROJECT WORK

Complete design for an Institute of Agricultural Sciences.

HOBBIES Sketching, water and oil painting, music.

END ENCLOSED RESUME

Reply To: Suresh Krishnajois
email : sureshk@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone : 415-390-5454 (work)
Methinks: I think, therefore my head aches };-(