ART: Sculpture Schools Query.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 23-FEB-1993
00:50:52.39
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: graduate schools.

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1993 00:42:24 -0500
From: [email protected]
Subject: graduate schools.
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here's another plea for help to all artcrit subscribers. I am about to
graduate with a BFA in sculpture,(ceramics minor) and have as yet sent
no applications to graduate programs. (My portfolio was not strong enough
to get me into the sort of program I would have liked!) Now that my port-
folio and skills have increased, I would like to start seriously looking for
a good and challenging,( stress on the challenging part!) masters program
in my major emphasis. My work at the present deals mostly with figurative
abstractions in welded steel and carved stone. What I need is a program
that will: A) help me to increase my welding/metalbending skills, and
B) give me an assistanceship or at the very least an out of state tuition
waiver. My question is this: Which schools should I concentrate on
as regards to metalbending/welding, and how much will I have to go into
debt to get an MFA? ( I plan to become a teacher and have some experience
at teaching on the secondary school level. )

sculptor